Thursday, March 3, 2011

EPO Hearing

Well...court today was a waste of time...Pawnee County didn't inform Payne County that Travis had been served the Protective Order! Therefore the judge couldn't do anything but postpone the hearing to Mar. 17th.

I called Pawnee Co. They confirmed that it had been served and that somebody must have dropped the ball. So I went back in and talked to the judge and he went on to inform me that he didn't feel that he could have even granted the permanent protective order while Travis was unable to appear in court. SRSLY!?!?!

The guy confessed to police that he was going to kill me on February 18th and they can't even grant a protective order without hearing his side of the story. Send Payne Co. the interview tapes with his confession maybe then they'll make it stick. Instead I have to continue to appear in court until when??? He's released??? So basically I take it I'll have an EPO until he can appear in court or maybe just until he's proven guilty in a court of law. Who knows!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Unreal.

It has been said and I hope to you have taken it to heart. Be prepared to protect yourself. The system does not always (obviously) work in the favor of the victim.

Anonymous said...

so now you sit and wait for the courts to get it together. what a crock~o~crap